The mission statement of the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) is to promote nurturing touch and communication through training, education and research so that parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community.
Baby massage is a wonderful experience shared between you and your baby. The effects of Massage are immediate but they last a lifetime...
Benefits of Baby Massage
- Supports bonding and relaxation
- Increased parental competence in relating to and handling the baby
- Increases prolactin / oxytocin (the hormone which furthers "motherly instincts" and wellbeing)
- Positive effects extending to other relationships i.e. partner, other children
- Baby massage class offers parents and care givers the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences, and also to meet new people
for all Babies:
- Supports the bonding process
- Improves the blood circulation, digestion, and balance
- Conveys a conciousness of love, acceptance, and security
- The baby learns how to relax and become calmer
- The baby feels respected that his/her needs are cared for and respected
- Can improve sleep patterns
- Stimulates and heightened sense of wellbeing
- Reduction in colicky symptoms and digestive problems
About the course
The Baby Massage course is best suited for babies newborn to pre-crawlers. The course run over four classes, held once a week, in a warm, clean, comfortable space in Yoga Village - Dalkey, Sunrise Yoga - Dun Laoghaire, YMCA Sandymount or in Terenure, all in south county Dublin. Massage strokes are taught in stages over the weeks so baby becomes used to touch and you can practice at home and ask questions when you return to class the following week.
4-week course price is €120 - includes oils and massage manual.
Did you know Baby Massage classes are a reclaimable maternity expense with VHI, Quinn and Vivas Health?
VHI - Family Plan & Family Plan + up to €100 is covered. Instructor needs to be certified through the International Association of Infant Massage
Quinn - HealthManager and HealthManager Gold schemes up to €100 is covered. Instructor needs to be certified through International Association of Infant Massage
Vivas - Day to Day Plan: Up to €30 per visit (max 3 visits). Day to Day Plan 50: Up to €25 per visit (max 8 visits)
Next Course Dates
Mon May 20th 2.30pm Glenageary- St Pauls Church Parish Centre (May 20, May 27, Jun 3, Jun 10)
Tue May 14th 2.30pm Sandymount - YMCA
For the above courses go to www.claphandies.com and fill in the booking form.
To book your place just fill in the booking form, or call Veronika on 085 7069149 or email email@example.com