Have you ever wondered what your baby is thinking? Or why your baby is crying? The Baby Signs® Program teaches babies to use simple, easy-to-do gestures for communicating with their parents and caregivers. These gestures or “signs” represent an item or concept, like “cat,” “eat,” or “all gone.”
Using signs gives babies a way to "talk" with their parents, before they can talk. Babies can communicate about the world around them, long before they have mastered their verbal speaking skills!
About the Baby Signs® Program
The Baby Signs® Program helps children develop both language and cognitive skills. Studies show that babies who sign actually develop speech sooner and have larger vocabularies when they do start talking.
The Baby Signs® Program is based on the groundbreaking research which began an international movement to teach hearing babies to use signs. After 20 years of careful study, researchers proved that using signs actually enhances language, cognitive, and social-emotional development. Click here
to read more about this exciting research.
Using the Baby Signs®Program …
- Reduces tears, tantrums, & frustration
- Allows babies to share their worlds
- Increases respect for babies
- Strengthens the parent-infant bond
- Boosts self-esteem and self-confidence
- Makes learning to talk easier
- Stimulates intellectual development
Over two decades of Baby Signs® research has shown that these proven benefits affect different areas of a child’s development. Using the Baby Signs® Program stimulates:
- Social-Emotional Development
- Language Development
- Cognitive Development
Sign, Say & Play®
This 6-week play class for parents and their babies:
- highlights signs that are most important in the lives of babies
- teaches signing through fun games with BeeBo™ the Baby Signs® Bear
- provides signing practice through delightful Baby Signs® songs
- introduces play activities that reinforce important language, cognitive and social- emotional skills
- brings families together to share their signing experiences
Designed for parents and children ages 6 months to 2 years.
Next Course Dates
You need to book your place by filling in the booking form
and payment can be made in the first class by cash or cheque.
This choice is a one-time, 20-minute presentation of the Baby Signs® Program! Would you like to have a visit from BeeBo™ the Baby Signs® Bear? This promotional presentation is an ideal option for Mom's groups and clubs, playgroups, hospital support groups, library story times, children's shops promotional events, etc. This presentation will not only teach 3 baby signs, but will also inform your audience of the benefits of baby signing.
- Based on Baby Signs® research-based program developed by Dr. Linda Acredolo and Dr. Susan Goodwyn
- Books, videos, and educational materials will be available for purchase
- Presentation held at a location convenient for you (park, home, church, school)
There is no cost for this presentation. Please call Veronika on 085 7069149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for your group.